Tuesday, December 21, 2010

'Tis the season to be Jolly

falalalalalalalala!

I'm sorry I haven't posted in so long. My grandparents came to visit last week. we had fun. One night we drove around and looked at Christmas lights, and walked around a park. They set up lots of lights every year. It was sooo cold. Grant and Hannah went with us. And after that, we came back home, and ate peppermint ice cream. So good.




One night we went to see a big Christmas production that a nearby Church was putting on. They had some scenes of like an 'old fashioned Christmas' with a real horse pulling a sleigh, and singing in the streets.
And then they acted out the birth of Christ, the crucifiction, and Resurrection.
They actually had 'angels' fly out over the audience. That was kind of weird. :)



Afterwards, we went over to Grant and Hannah's to hang out for a little while. I got some really cool pictures of their tree. They cut down a real one! I've never had a real one. My family has used the same tree my whole life. :) But, I'm not complaining. I love our tree! :D









Laura and I made gingerbread houses. A.K.A gram cracker houses. ;)

Mine:



Laura's:


The other day, there was frost on the grass! :D



we made these cake balls again. They are so good. Just about everyone loves them. And they aren't very hard.
All you do is,

Bake a cake, what ever kind you want. Break it up into a big mixing bowl, and mix with a whole can of frosting.

Roll into balls.

(You need rubber, bendable, mini, cupcake cups.)

Melt chocolate almond bark, and fill the cups.
Put the balls into each one so that the chocolate comes up on the sides.

Refrigerate them for a few minutes until they set up.

Melt 'Candy Melts' (you can buy them at craft stores ect.) and spread it on top. Then, you can decorate them with sprinkles, nuts. Anything you want. :)




Merry Christmas!


Eliza

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Have a nice day. ;)