Thursday, May 12, 2011

Abraham Lincoln

I've always loved Abraham Lincoln for some reason. And the more I read about him, the more I know why.

                                                                          (via google images)


I love that picture. ;) I just want to frame it and hang it on my wall. Like, really bad. :)

Here's something that Abraham Lincoln said when a group of black citizens from Baltimore presented him with a Bible:

"In regard to this Great Book, I have but to say it is the best gift God has given to man. All the good Saviour gave to the world was communicated through this book. But for it, we could not know right from wrong. All things most desirable for man's welfare, here and hereafter, are to be found portrayed in it. To you I return my most sincere thanks for the very elegant copy of the great Book of God which you present."

I think that's really cool.

Just a few weeks ago, April 14th, was the day that he was assassinated 146 years ago.  :(

I hope your having a good day so far.

-Eliza

p.s. I'm still considering changing my blog name, but I just can't decide. Please let me know what you think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog name is the reason why I looked at your blog, so my answer would be to keep it =)

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Have a nice day. ;)