Wednesday, May 11, 2011

roses

 Bagels and cereal for dinner....<3 No, that is not something we do regularly. :) haha
It started raining a while ago. Hopefully that will cool things off some. It's been warm here.
 We have two rose bushes just outside my bedroom window, and they are covered in roses. So I've been keeping a fresh bouquet of roses on the table. :)
Since receiving a sewing machine for my birthday, I've been wanting to make a quilt. I've made a few small pillows with quilted fronts, but I want to try and make a real quilt. I want to just try it and see how it goes. I'm going to use scrap fabric so in case it doesn't work quite right, it'll be okay. :) But since our sunroom is still torn apart, and that's where I had my sewing machine and everything set up, it's a little hard. Hopefully we'll get some new carpet in there soon, so we can move everything back. The kitchen/breakfast nook is full of desks, books, and bookshelves. :) It's a mess. :)

I finished "Wives & Daughters". It was so good!! I loved it.

We leave for Texas in two weeks!

-Eliza

3 comments:

Ramsey said...

LOVE fresh flowers. But I stink at growing them. Well, anything really. And quilts. Love them also. But don't have the patience to make one. Cheerio!

Anonymous said...

Love these!! Roses are one of my favourite flowers to take pictures of! Great job on these and good luck with your quilting!

Kendall said...

Roses are beautiful. I love that last picture!

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Have a nice day. ;)